Homeless campaign group Home Sweet Home has claimed victory as the Government has confirmed two permanent housing facilities will be made available in Dublin.
At a press conference, representatives from the group said it had been given a commitment for in excess of €4m for the project.
The development came following intensive negotiations over the weekend with Housing Minister Simon Coveney, over the future of Apollo House and the housing crisis.
Union activist Brendan Ogle, singer Glen Hansard and homeless advocate Aisling Hedderman made the announcement.
Mr Ogle said that, on top of the funding, the standards of the accommodation would be raised, with residents being assured they will have their own key in the new facilities.
A spokesperson for the minister said that service providers and homeless people would be consulted on the facilities required.
While the Apollo House residents were due to exit the building by noon tomorrow under court order, Mr Ogle said nothing would happen at that time from a legal standpoint. He would not say if they would be gone by tomorrow, but pointed out the case was up for mention in the courts on Thursday.