100 good and bad calories
"IT'S just 100 calories," say dieters as they tuck in. Here are the good and bad options you can choose for those calories.
• A large apple; a banana; up to a punnet of strawberries; one-and-a-half grapefruit
• A 30g portion of raisins. You could have two larger portions of different fruits instead, such as 80g of grapes and 80g of cherries
• Crisps, which are often high in fat and salt, can quickly add up to 420kJ/100kcal. For example, just 10pc of a 190g tube of crisps (nine crisps) equals 420kJ/100kcal
• Two ginger nut biscuits contain 100 calories. Other biscuits may be higher in energy
• Four heaped teaspoons of sugar
• A tablespoon of mayonnaise.
Health & Living