RTE PUNDIT John Giles has said he has no intention of retiring but has admitted he is waiting to hear whether he will get a pay cut.
The former international soccer player and manager said yesterday he plans to continue working at the national broadcaster for as long as he is asked.
"I have always said I will work for RTE for as long as they want me," the 71-year-old said.
But he admitted that his pay packet could be hit.
"Whether the cuts in RTE -- if there are going to be cuts -- affect me, I don't know. I'll have to wait and see," he said.
Giles was speaking in Limerick city where he inspected a new all-weather pitch in the Ballinacurra-Weston area of the city.
The pitch was funded by Limerick's Regeneration Agencies and many of those who met Mr Giles yesterday have also committed to taking part in his 'Walk of Dreams' event next month.
The 'Walk of Dreams' project aims to fund community groups and the grassroots of the Irish soccer network across the country.
Last year's efforts raised €360,000. This year, 20 different walks take place across the country between April 28 and July 14. But it won't interfere with his punditry work alongside Eamon Dunphy and Liam Brady.
" I have been doing it for 25 or 26 years now," he said. "I keep telling people they haven't found me out yet so I'll just keep going," Mr Giles said.
With the Euro 2012 championship in Poland and Ukraine in June, Mr Giles said the blanket coverage provided by RTE is "never a hard slog" for him.
"I enjoy doing it. You are watching football and commenting on it. I'd be watching it anyway."