US President to meet Taoiseach Leo Varadkar - but it won't be a céad míle fáilte from everyone, with protests set for Shannon Airport, Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Belfast and Derry
US PRESIDENT Donald Trump will land in Ireland later today following his UK state visit
* Air Force One is expected to land at Shannon Airport this afternoon.
* The US president and his wife Melania will spend two nights at his Doonbeg hotel and golf resort in Co Clare.
* During his visit, he will hold a bilateral meeting with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar at Shannon Airport.
* The two leaders will discuss the EU and Brexit, as well as international issues.
* Some of these issues will include immigration, trade, US support for Northern Ireland and the EU-US relationship.
* Opponents of the US President predict that thousands of people will take part in protests across Ireland to coincide with Mr Trump's visit.
* The protests have prompted a massive security operation across parts of the country.
* The Donald Trump "baby blimp" is expected to fly over the skies of Dublin at the largest of the demonstrations.
* The Stop Trump Ireland coalition will stage a national protest in Dublin on Thursday at the Garden of Remembrance.
* A Shannonwatch peace camp will be erected at Shannon Airport for the duration of his stay.
* Mr Trump had been due to visit Ireland last November, but the trip was postponed for operational reasons.