It has been a busy two years at the helm for former Tanaiste Joan Burton.
* Joan Burton defeated Alex White to take over from Eamon Gilmore as leader of the Labour Party in the summer of 2014.
* That November she was targeted by anti-water charge protesters in Jobstown, Co Dublin. Burton, then the Tanaiste, remained in her car for more than two hours.
* The Labour leader was at the forefront of the same-sex marriage campaign which led to victory for the 'Yes' side in May of last year. She said Ireland had become a "rainbow nation".
* Just months later, on New Year's Eve, she fell into flood waters while visiting victims of Storm Frank in Thomastown, Co Kilkenny.
* Ms Burton hung on to her Dublin West seat against the odds in this year's general election. But it was a bitter-sweet win on a day that saw many of her colleagues lose theirs.