Dublin fire brigade share shocking clip of e-scooter exploding into flames
Dublin Fire Brigade
Dublin fire brigade share shocking clip of electric scooter blaze
Dublin fire brigade have shared a shocking video of an electric scooter exploding into flames.
They wrote: "The dangers of charging electric bicycles and scooters are well known. While it is rare, it does happen.
"Batteries on fire will experience a ‘Thermal Runaway’ which requires 100’s of litres per minute of water to control.
"Get out. Stay out."
Dublin City Council have advised consumers to make sure they buy e-scooters and e-cycles from reputable sources.