Driver travelling at 121kmph among speeding motorists caught by gardaí today
A motorist driving at 121kmph was among 106 drivers caught speeding in national checkpoints by gardaí this morning.
Garda checkpoints were in place from 7am on Friday morning and 34,000 vehicles were checked.
- 65kmph in a 50kmph zone on the N80 Main Street, Stradbally, Laois
- 82kmph in a 60kmph zone on the R563 at Faha East, Faha, Kerry
- 65 kmph in a 50kmph zone on the Phibsborough Road, Dublin 7, Dublin
- 109 kmph in a 80 kmph zone on the R513 at Ballyfauskeen, Ballylanders, Limerick
- 100 kmph in a 60kmph zone on the R418 at Youngstown, Athy, Kildare
- 95 kmph in a 60 kmph zone on the R463 at Gortatogher, Ardnacrusha, Clare
- 94 kmph in a 60kmph zone on the N25 at Raheen, New Ross, Kilkenny
- 121 in a 100 kmph zone on the N15 at Mount Temple, Grange, Sligo
Checkpoints will be in place this evening on Friday evening between 5pm and 7pm.
There will be checkpoints in place at the locations above and also at other locations around the country.
With rain expected to move across the country over the weekend motorists are being urged to be aware that roads will be greasy following the fine weather.
"Expected rainfall will make road surfaces slippery and drivers need to reduce speed and drive to the conditions. Remember speed limits are the maximum permitted in perfect driving conditions. Road weather and traffic conditions may requires you to reduce your speed further," gardaí said in a statement.