* According to the latest figures from the World Giving Index, Ireland ranks as second highest in a list of the top 20 countries which donate to charity.
* There are almost 8,000 registered charities here.
* To Russia with Love was founded in 1998 and has helped 5000 orphans to date.
* The charity is currently caring for 2000 children.
* The charity's aims are to enhance children's healthcare and education, improve their living conditions, help children overcome obstacles to achievement and to teach life skills for a brighter future.
– For more information, to become a sponsor or to make a donation, visit www.torussiawithlove.ie.