Two women arrested in connection with fatal stabbing of Reece Cullen (16) released
The two women that were arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of Tallaght teenager Reece Cullen have been released from custody.
Earlier today, gardai have confirmed that two women, both aged in their 30s, were arrested in the Tallaght area shortly after 7am.
Both women were detained at Tallaght Garda Station pursuant to the provisions of Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act 1939/98.
The teenager (16) died on January 5 after he was attacked near his Dublin home.
The talented boxer, of Bawnlea Crescent, Jobstown, was rushed to Tallaght Hospital, where he later died as a result of his injuries.
A post-mortem examination determined that Reece suffered one stab wound to the heart when he was attacked.
Reece was discovered by a female neighbour bleeding to death at the foot of a staircase.
In an exclusive interview with the Herald earlier this year, his devastated girlfriend Sophie Evans told how she was on the phone to Reece at the time he was stabbed.
“He was stabbed and I just heard him screaming. Then the phone went off,” she said.
He was just saying he was walking out the front door to come around. That’s when he was struck.
“He said ‘I’m on the way down to you baby’, then I heard him screaming, saying ‘My heart, my heart’.
“Then that was it,” she said.