Tuesday 21 November 2017

Woman accused of falsely imprisoning man who died after going missing has been released on bail


A CHILDCARE assistant accused of conspiring to falsely imprison Ciaran Noonan, who died after he went missing from Dublin last October, has been released on bail pending the preparation of a book of evidence.

Mr Noonan, a father-of-one who was living in Ashbourne, Co Meath but originally from the East Wall area, in Dublin, was last seen getting into a car at Russell Avenue, on October 20 last.

The 29-year-old's remains were discovered on November 4, dumped in a field at Tullaghmeaden, about six miles outside Trim, Co Meath.

On Monday mother-of-two Lynn Isaacson (34), of Church Road, East Wall, was charged with conspiracy to falsely imprison Mr Noonan and she made no reply after caution.

She had been remanded in custody by Judge Grainne Malone at Dublin District Court with consent to bail with an independent surety in the sum of €1,000.

The woman made her second appearance yesterday at the same court where Garda Sheelagh Sheehan told Judge Malone that a six-week remand was required for the book of evidence to be completed.

The DPP has directed trial on indictment in relation to Ms Isaacson which means she will face trial before a judge and jury in the Circuit Court.

Judge Malone noted that the woman has take up bail and remanded her to appear again on a date in August when she is to be served with a book of evidence. Ms Isaacson has surrendered her passport and has also been ordered to sign on three days a week at Store Street Garda station.

On Monday David Geraghty (26), with an address at Coolock Drive, Coolock, Dublin and 23-year-old Daniel Quinn, of Brega, Balbriggan, north Co. Dublin were also charged with false imprisonment and manslaughter of Mr Noonan.

The pair, who will also face trial on indictment, made no application for bail on Monday and appeared at Cloverhill District Court yesterday (WED).

Mr Geraghty was further remanded in custody by Judge David McHugh to appear again on August 1 next.

Mr Quinn was remanded in custody with consent to bail, in his own bond on €100 with an independent surety of €6,000, to appear again on July 11 next. He was also ordered to surrender his passport and sign on daily at a garda a station after he takes up bail.

Last month, Mark Allen (35) with an address at Wellview Avenue, in Mulhuddart, in Dublin was returned for trial to the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court charged with false imprisonment of Mr Noonan at Russell Avenue, in East Wall on the date of his disappearance and his manslaughter at an unknown location, between October 20 and November 4 last.

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News