Watch: Canadian predator who groomed Irish teen (14) attends court hand-in-hand with young woman
This footage shows a predator who groomed and raped a 14-year-old Irish girl attending his court hearing hand-in-hand with a young woman.
Jashua Robert Tremblay (34) has pleaded guilty to two counts of child luring, one count of sexual interference and two counts of breaching conditions.
He met the Irish girl (13) on an online forum and 14 months after he first preyed on her he made the first of two trips to Ireland where he booked them into hotels and a holiday home.
The victim's devastated father - her sole surviving parent - told the court Tremblay had 'brain washed' his daughter before having a sexual relationship with her.
According to an "agreed statement of facts" presented to the court Tremblay had convinced her the were in a legitimate relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend.
She came to believe she was in love with him.
She believed she would move to Canada and marry him when she turned 18. He also told her he wanted "100 kids".
During the two years he preyed on her using online messages, at least one letter and audio messages he:
- Sent naked pictures of himself to her
- Encouraged her to reciprocate with explicit images of herself
- Sent her audio messages about sexual acts he wanted them to perform on one another
- Travelled to Ireland during school holidays, convincing his victim to pretend she was staying with a friend
- Told gardaí she was his daughter when first questioned
Tremblay was arrested in Canada after he was identified by gardaí here.
On Tuesday he attended court for a sentencing hearing and he is due to return again on Wednesday.
Footage courtesy CTV Edmonton