Two teenage boys deny murdering Ana Kriegel (14)
TWO teenage boys have pleaded "not guilty" to the murder of schoolgirl Anastasia Kriegel and a jury has been sworn in for the hearing of the trial.
The boys, who were 13 years old at the time, are alleged to have killed the 14-year-old, who was known as "Ana", in Co Dublin in May last year.
The teenagers, who are now 14, both said they were "not guilty" when the charge was put to them before the Central Criminal Court this afternoon.
One of the boys also denied a charge of aggravated sexual assault.
A parent sat in the dock with each youth when the charges were put to them.
The teenagers cannot be identified, both by law and order of the court, because they are minors.
They are charged with the murder of 14-year-old Anastasia Kriegel at Glenwood House, Laraghcon, Clonee Road in Lucan on May 14 last year.
Her body was found at the disused farmhouse three days after she was reported missing.
This afternoon, before Mr Justice Paul McDermott, a jury of eight men and four women, was sworn in to hear the trial.
The trial is expected to last up to six weeks, the jury panel was told.
The judge asked the jury panel to bear in mind that the offences before the court were "very serious", and that the evidence may be "very upsetting" and "involved young people".
The court heard that more than 130 witnesses may be called in the trial.
Mr Justice Paul McDermott told the jury of eight men and four women that the court will sit between 10.45am and 4.15 pm each day, with lunch between 1pm and 2pm.
There will also be two 15 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon. This is because the trial involves young persons, the judge said.
The trial is expected to get underway tomorrow morning.