Friday 23 August 2019

Two charged in relation to shooting outside nightclub where bystander was 'struck in head by shotgun pellet'

Stock picture
Stock picture
Conor Feehan

Conor Feehan

Two men have been charged in relation to a shooting incident outside a west Dublin nightclub in which a bystander was struck in the head with a shotgun pellet.

The incident happened outside the Buzz nightclub in the Red Cow complex on the Naas Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 at 3am on Sunday morning.

Clive Bass (26) and Patrick Price (24) were both charged with possession of a 12 gauge shotgun under suspicious circumstances under Section 27A of the Firearms Act.

They appeared before Judge David McHugh at Blanchardstown District Court this morning.

Evidence was given by Sergeant Dara Kenny from Clondalkin garda station that there were a number of patrons in the area of Buzz nightclub at the time of the incident when a black Audi car drove into the car park and stopped near a VW Golf car.

There were eight people in or around the car when a person in the rear right side of the Audi fired four shots from a shotgun.

Sgt Kenny said the people at the car took cover and a 44 year old bystander was hit in the head with a shotgun pellet.

Detective garda David Harte gave evidence of arresting Price, of Shancastle Avenue.

Both men were charged at Clondalkin garda station and neither man made any reply or comment when charged.

Sgt Kenny objected to bail for Bass, of Shancastle Close in Clondalkin, citing the seriousness of the crime, the nature of the evidence, and saying the accused was a flight risk.

There was no objection to bail for Price, under certain conditions.

Both men were remanded to Cloverhill pending payment of a €2,000 surety.

Their bail was granted on condition that they sign on daily at Ronanstown garda station between 9am and 9pm, reside at their home addresses, observe a midnight to 7am curfew, and that they do not apply for travel documentation.

They also have to stay away from the Red Cow complex, including Buzz nightclub, have no contact with witnesses, and be contactable by mobile phone.

Both men were dealt with separately in court and neither spoke during their short hearings.

They are due to appear again on May 16.

Online Editors

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News