Sunday 19 August 2018

Temporary ban on deleting data

Independent News & Media chief executive Michael Doorly. Photo: Frank Mc Grath
Independent News & Media chief executive Michael Doorly. Photo: Frank Mc Grath
Independent.ie Newsdesk

Independent.ie Newsdesk

The CEO of Independent News & Media has ordered a "temporary ban" on the deleting of data and documents in the possession of all staff members.

In an update circulated to the company's 815 staff yesterday afternoon, CEO Michael Doorly said the company had already suspended all "relevant" routine data or document destruction policies.

Furthermore, INM "are preserving all potentially relevant data held on our IT systems", Mr Doorly said.

This was being done as the ODCE has applied to the High Court to appoint inspectors to the company, the memo stated.

Mr Doorly requested staff do not "delete" any documents they have in their possession, adding "please do not destroy anything until I lift this temporary ban".

Irish Independent

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News