Friday 19 January 2018

Teenager who forced woman from home has sentencing adjourned

Tom Tuite

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy, who drove a young woman from her home which he tried to break-into while it was occupied, has had his sentencing adjourned for six weeks.

The teenager pleaded guilty at the Children's Court last month to a break-in at the woman's former home, on Eugene Street in Dublin 8 on July 22 last. A probation report on his likelihood of re-offending had been ordered and he appeared again in court today.

However, Judge Michael Walsh was told that the teenager had missed some of his appointments with his probation officer.

He remanded the boy on continuing bail for an updated probation report to be furnished; the case was adjourned until November 29 next.

Dublin's Children's Court has already heard that the boy “jumped over a back wall and broke into a garden shed, he said he was looking for tools so he could break into the house”.

The young boy, who comes from north Dublin, then “broke the back door but did not gain entry”.

The occupier, who is in her twenties, later moved out, as a result of this incident.

The boy, who was accompanied to his hearing by his mother, has no prior criminal convictions but also has other charges before the court.

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News