Sunday 25 February 2018

Teen denies role in pharmacy raid

Tom Tuite

A YOUTH has denied taking part in a raid at a pharmacy in Dublin during which cash and medication was stolen.

The boy, aged 17, pleaded not guilty at Dublin Children's Court today to the robbery of €800 and various medications, during an alleged raid, in Cabra, on March 28 last.

Judge Conal Gibbons remanded the boy, who was accompanied to court by his mother, on bail to appear again on a date in September for his hearing.

He has been ordered to obey a curfew from 9pm to 7am and to stay away from the pharmacy.

Earlier the court had been told it was alleged the incident happened as the chemist was about to close.

Garda Eoin Treacy had said it would be alleged a row took place involving a man, who is in his thirties and facing a separate prosecution, and staff from the chemist.

Then he and two boys “tried to force the door”.

The door was kicked in and it was alleged the boys followed the man into the premises and started throwing stock from shelves in “an attempt to intimidate staff”.

The man allegedly went behind a counter and took €800 and various types of tablets including Dalmane – a tranquilliser medication, the court has heard.

A second 17-year-old boy charged over the robbery has already pleaded guilty and is to be sentenced in September.

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News