A SEX offender who posed on the internet as a casting agent for TV programmes set up an 'audition' for a 16-year-old boy, whom he then sexually assaulted.
Trim Circuit Court in Co Meath heard that Anthony Luckwill (40), originally from Clondalkin in Dublin, was living in Navan at the time of the offence on June 7, 2011 and the teenager was brought to his home for the 'audition' by his mother.
Luckwill, who was jailed for four and a half years, had created what looked like a document from a fictitious casting agency, which he sent to the boy, arranging a 'casting' interview.
He also sent him sexually suggestive messages in relation to what might occur at auditions and said it was common for casting agents to have sexual relations with potential actors.
Luckwill pleaded guilty to defilement of a child under the age of 17. He was also sentenced yesterday for the sexual assault of a 13-year-old boy on February 22, 2011, which took place after he had asked the boy's mother if he had an interest in acting or modelling.
She left him with Luckwill for 30 minutes, during which time he made the boy undress and touched his private parts.
Gardai were notified by the mother of the 13-year-old and in a follow-up search of his apartment they seized his computer and saw the communication via the online networking site Bebo with the 16-year-old.
Luckwill has a series of convictions for possession of child pornography, both in Ireland and in Wales.
In October of last year, he was jailed for five months by Guernsey Magistrates Court for incitement of a child under 14 to commit an act of gross indecency. This offence was committed while he was on bail for the offences in Meath.
He has been placed on the sex offenders' register for life in the UK, the court heard.
Defence barrister Caroline Biggs said Luckwill had a history of mental-health difficulties.
Judge Michael O'Shea jailed Luckwill for two-and-a-half years and for the offence involving the 13-year-old he imposed a two-year term.
The sentences are to run consecutively and Luckwill has been placed on the sex offenders' register indefinitely.
The judge also directed that he be subject to be two years of post-release supervision.