Nathan Coakley sent forward for trial after extradition from UK
Extradited from the UK to face knife possession and motor theft related charges
A 23-YEAR-OLD Dublin man who was extradited from the UK to face knife possession and motor theft related charges has been sent forward for trial.
Nathan Coakley, aka Nathan Hutch, from Buckingham Street Upper faces three charges: unlawful use of a stolen motor vehicle, unlawful possession of a knife as a weapon and possession of stolen keys at Ringsend Road, Dublin 4 on Dec. 24, 2015.
He made no bail application when he was brought to appear at Dublin District Court on September 18 last.
He faced his third hearing today before Judge Victor Blake at Cloverhill District Court.
He was served with a book of evidence by Garda Bryan Hunt.
Judge Blake made an order sending him forward for trial to the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court where he will face his next hearing on a later date.
Garda Hunt, who is attached to Irishtown Garda station, had told the court earlier that the 23-year-old man was arrested on foot of district court warrants issued on June 6 last.
He was transported to Ballymun Garda station where at 6.34pm on Sept. 18 last and was charged with the three offences.
Garda Hunt said Mr Coakley was cautioned after each charge “and made no reply”.
The Director of Public Prosecutions has directed trial on indictment in relation to all matters, Garda Hunt said.