A MOTHER who has been charged with murdering her only son at their home was not well enough to attend a court appearance yesterday, writes Barry Duggan.
Diane Ward (42) had been due to appear in Newcastle West District Court in Limerick after she was charged with the murder of son, Anthony (8).
Ms Ward, of 33 Harrison's Place, Charleville, Co Cork, is accused of murdering the boy at their home on September 3 last.
Insp Paul Reidy told Judge Mary Larkin that Ms Ward was "medically unfit to travel".
He also handed in a letter from the HSE to confirm this.
The State applied for the case to be remanded in Ms Ward's absence to later this month.
Solicitor for the accused woman, Paul Cagney, said he had no objection.
Judge Larkin remanded the case to Limerick District Court for September 25 when Ms Ward will appear before the court via video link.