Tuesday 20 March 2018

Man who denies sexual exploitation of child sent forward for trial to the circuit court

A MAN who denies of the sexual exploitation of a child has been sent forward for trial to the Circuit Court.

The 59-year-old, with an address in South Dublin, is charged with inviting a

named girl to participate in a sexual act contrary to Section 3(3) of

the Child Trafficking and Pornography Act, 1998, at a village in South

Dublin on February 21, 2011.

The case was before Judge John Coughlan for service of the book of evidence

The man had previously pleaded not guilty after the DPP had directed summary disposal only on a plea of guilty.

Solicitor for the DPP, Kevin Ennis, told the court that the book was ready to be served.

The man was represented by his solicitor, Eddie O'Connor.

Mr Ennis told the court that the DPP had consented for the man to be sent forward to the present sitting of the Circuit Court.

Judge Coughlan sent the man forward on bail of €300 to the present sitting of the Circuit.

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News