Man accused of harassing RTÉ star Sharon Ní Bheoláin sent for trial
A Dublin man has been sent for trial charged with harassing RTE star Sharon Ní Bheoláin.
Conor O’Hora (40), who is also accused of possession of child pornography, had a book of evidence served on him at Dublin District Court today.
Judge Michael Walsh returned him for trial to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Mr O’Hora, with an address at Heather Walk, Portmarnock, is charged with one count of harassing Sharon Ní Bheoláin on dates between October 20, 2013 and February 2, 2014.
He is also charged with possessing text conversations and images of child pornography on the same dates.
The offences are alleged to have happened at various locations within the State.
A State solicitor today said a book of evidence was ready and it was served on the accused.
The DPP was consenting to Mr O’Hora being sent forward for trial to the current sittings of the circuit court, he said.
Mr O’Hora, who has not yet indicated how he intends to plead to the charges, sat looking at the book after it was handed to him by a garda.
Judge Michael Walsh told Mr O’Hora his case would be listed before the presiding judge at the circuit court on December 21. He then gave him the formal warning that he must provide any alibi details to the prosecution within 14 days.
The accused, wearing a light grey sweater over a blue shirt, blue jeans and black shoes, sat and nodded as the judge gave him the alibi notice.
When Judge Walsh asked if he understood it, he replied: “I do, yeah.”
Judge Walsh ordered disclosure by the prosecution of a copy of the accused’s garda interview video.
He granted free legal aid to cover junior counsel in the circuit court, following an application by Mr O’Hora’s solicitor Philip Hannon.
The judge noted the accused had been granted bail in October and remanded him on bail to December 21 under existing terms and conditions.
Ms Ní Bheoláin was not required to be present in court for the case today.
Today was Mr O’Hara’s second court appearance after he was arrested and charged last month.
On the last date, a detective garda sergeant told the court he arrested the accused at Infirmary Road near the Criminal Courts of Justice.
“In relation to all charges after caution, the accused had nothing to say,” the gda sgt said.
The court heard the DPP had directed trial on indictment on all charges.
Bail was granted in the accused’s own bond of €1,000 with no cash lodgment required.
Conditions are that the accused continues to reside at his home address, notifies the garda of any change of address and has no contact directly or indirectly with anyone involved in the investigation.
He must also keep the peace and be of good behaviour,
The judge previously said the usual reporting restrictions applied in relation to children, and "otherwise, the matter will be treated like any other case."
The charges are under the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person and the Child Trafficking and Pornography Acts.