Prosecutors have been given another six weeks to prepare their case against six men and one woman charged with murdering Dale Creighton on a footbridge in Tallaght on New Year's Day.
Judge Michael Walsh granted the adjournment after hearing that the case had been a “very complex one” for the prosecution to prepare.
He remanded the defendants on continuing bail again when they appeared in Dublin District this morning.
The case against a seventh man accused of seriously assaulting Mr Creighton was also adjourned.
Aishling Burke, (20), Bolbrook Grove, Tallaght; her brother David Burke, (25), Village Square, Tallaght; Jason Beresford, (20), Avonbeg Gardens, Tallaght; Ross Callery (20)Westpark Estate, Tallaght; Graham Palmer, (24), Homelawn Road, Tallaght: James Reid, (23), Homelawn Road, Tallaght; and Gerard Stevens, St Dominic’s Terrace, Tallaght, are all charged with the murder.
James O'Brien (21), with an address at Avonbeg Drive in Tallaght, is charged with seriously assaulting MrCreighton.
Dale Creighton died after being assaulted at the footbridge at St Dominic’s Road, Tallaght, on January 1st, 2014.
Today, a State Solicitor said more time was being sought for the preparation of a book of evidence.
She said the book was a very complex one to prepare given that there were eight co-accused and “numerous interviews” with each.
She said the DPP had sent lengthy queries to the gardai which had not been replied to yet.
She said she hoped the book would be ready in six weeks but could not give any guarantees given the nature of the investigation.
Solicitors for the accused consented to the case being adjourned to October 22, although some voiced their concerns at the latest delay.