Barristers for former junior minister Ivor Callely have requested more evidence from prosecutors in connection with allegations he made false claims for mobile phones while a serving politician.
The former TD and senator, who has been at the centre of an investigation over expenses claims for at least two years, faces six charges of submitting bogus invoices for mobile phone handsets over the course of three years.
The offences date from November 2007, February 2008, and September to December 2009.
Mr Callely sat at the back of the packed Dublin Circuit Court with a friend as he waited for his case to be called on the list of first mentions.
His barrister, John Moher, told Judge Mary Ellen Ring that a request for disclosure had been sent to prosecutors yesterday. "In those circumstances, I would ask if a second mention would be at all possible."
Dominic McGinn, senior counsel for the Director of Public Prosecutions, said he had no objection to the application and adjournment.
Mr Callely, of St Lawrence Road, Clontarf, north Dublin, was granted continuing bail until July 10. No plea has been entered by the 54-year-old.