Brother and sister (80s) rushed to hospital after fire breaks out at home
A brother and a sister in their 80s were rushed to hospital in the early hours of this morning after a fire broke out at their home.
The pensioners were in their home in Ballaghadereen, Roscommon when the fire broke out at 5:15 am this morning.
Gardai said both occupants of the house were subjected to smoke inhalation before they extinguished the fire.
They were taken to hospital, where their injuries are not known.
Gardai said the fire is not being treated as suspicious.