A teen is recovering in hospital after a firework exploded in his hand. The 14-year-old was with a group of other teenagers in Kilkee, Co Clare, when the firework exploded as the boy was placing it in his pocket.
He sustained serious hand injuries and was airlifted to hospital in Galway by an Air Corps AW-139 helicopter .
Aldi recalls 'baby sleep suit' products
Supermarket chain Aldi has recalled two baby clothing products and urged customers to return them.
The products involved are the "baby sleep suit three pack" and the "baby bodies two pack". Aldi said there may be a problem with the popper closure.
Rock classics at National Concert Hall
RTE's National Symphony Orchestra will perform rock and pop classics by stars such as Queen and Robbie Williams at 8pm this Friday October 5 at the National Concert Hall.
Tickets from €10 available from www.rte.ie/nso or the NCH box office.
Government jet flies rescue operation
The Irish Air Corps' Gulfstream IV (better known as the Government jet) has carried out an air ambulance mission to London involving a transplant patient. The aircraft left Casement Aerodrome at 3pm on Friday last and arrived an hour later at Northolt, from where the patient was transferred to a London hospital for the operation.