Boy (6) dies in farming accident
A boy has died in a suspected farming accident in Northern Ireland.
It is understood authorities are investigating whether the six-year-old was overcome by slurry fumes at the farm in Co Armagh.
The incident is believed to have happened in a milking parlour.
Ambulance personnel were called to the farm at the Ballynahonemore Road in Hamiltonsbawn shortly after 5pm, and the boy was taken to Craigavon Area Hospital.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland later confirmed the sudden death of a child. Officers and investigators from the Health and Safety Executive attended the scene.
Lord Mayor of Armagh Robert Turner tonight expressed his shock.
"This is another farm tragedy," he said.
"The entire area is in state of shock that a six-year-old boy has lost his life.
"I know his family and I wish to pass on my sincere condolences."
Armagh district councillor Jim Speers said the incident was an "absolute tragedy".
"I know the family well, I know the parents and grandparents on both sides. It's just so sad," he said.
"What can you say - it's such a tragedy for any family to experience."