A MOTHER of one who died in a house fire was discovered by her sister and teenage daughter the next day.
Kathleen Neylan (48) died in her home at Fana Burca in Knocknacarra, Galway city, after a fire broke out in the early hours of Sunday.
Ms Neylan had been alone in the house at the time. Her daughter Michaela (16) was staying at her aunt's home overnight. Yesterday, a family member told how they had been left devastated by the death. "We're all in utter shock," she said.
Ms Neylan was discovered by her sister and Michaela when she was dropped home on Sunday afternoon. It is understood the fire began in the bedroom of the house.