Al Gore to attend Dublin summit on hunger next month
Former US vice-president Al Gore will come to Dublin next month for a conference on world hunger.
The Government is hosting the conference on hunger, nutrition and climate justice with the Mary Robinson Foundation.
The conference is being held at Dublin Castle as part of Ireland’s EU Presidency.
Up to 100 representatives of farmers’ organisations and vulnerable communities from areas including Africa, Asia and the Arctic will attend the conference to explain the impact unpredictable weather patterns are having on their lives and outline the solutions they are using.
Mr Gore is a campaigner on climate change and the environment.
Among the global leaders and policy-makers who will contribute to the conference are:
- Former US vice-president Al Gore;
- UN World Food Programme executive director Ertharin Cousin;
- President of Malawi Joyce Banda;
- President Michael D. Higgins;
- Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore;
- Former President Mary Robinson;
- CGIAR Consortium chief executive Frank Rijsberman.