MindRising 2016: Looking for an idea to get you started?
Students around the world have been invited to partake in a 'digital storytelling' competition called MindRising Games.
The competition has been launched for schools and youth groups alike, and it invites students to tell the story of Ireland, through "the past, the future or a journey" of Ireland, choosing either 1916, 2016 or 2116 as their inspiration.
A collaboration between MindRising, Microsoft and the DCU Institute of Education, MindRising is bringing gamification to classrooms.
Entrants are encouraged to publish and share their work including video snippets, audio recordings, Minecraft builds, eBooks, pictures, photos, Sway scrapbooks and anything else they create.
Are you looking to get started?
Here are some of the project ideas that could inspire you:
- Re-enact the effect of the bombing the Helga had on O’Connell Street
- Compare Nelsons Column to the Spire
- Follow Eamon DeValera’s journey to 1916
- Re-enact World War II
- Richmond Barracks in 1916
- Re-enact Proclomation being read from GPO
- Re-enact the landing on the moon
- Building the Titanic Museum
- John F Kennedy visiting Ireland
- Nelsons Column being destroyed
- Re-enact Irish households during 'the emergency'
- Pope John Paul II visiting Galway
- Ireland become part of European Union
- First Live TV Broadcast
- RTE being built
- Rebuild of Croke Park
- The introduction of the Euro
- Mary Robinson becomes first female Irish President
- Ireland winning the Eurovision
- Ireland winning the Rugby Grand Slam
- Building terminal 2 at Dublin Airport
- Rebuild of Cork Airport
- The Queen’s visit to Ireland
- Daniel Day Lewis wins an Oscar
- Rebuilding Thomond Park
- U2 play Croke Park
- Garth Brooks cancelled concerts
- Ireland adopt the Euro
- President Obama visits Ireland
- Rebuilding of the road system over the past ten years
- Shannon Floods
- New flood defence systems for the Shannon
- Rebuild of Pairc Ui Chaoimh
- Where will GAA be in 2116
- What will our tombs look like in 2116
- What will the classroom look like in 2116
- Smart Buildings of the future
- Will we be able to control weather in the future?
- What will the GPO look like in 2116
- Climate Change – what will our country look like in 2116
- What way will we communicate in 2066
- How will children learn in 2066
- Sea tunnel from Ireland to UK
- Script a movie in year 2116
- No students in classrooms in 2116
- How will we get from place to place in 2066
- What will interface be like between real life and digital world?
- How will we connect with other galaxies?
- What will a mobile phone be like in 2066
- How will Articifical Intelligence Robots impact rural Ireland?
- What will farms look like in 2066
- New bridges built in Dublin city
- Effect of Rising Sea Levels on landscape
- What will houses look like in 2116
- Dublin hosting an Olympics
- New rail network for Ireland
- New airport in centre of Ireland
- New children’s hospital
- Will there be cars on our streets?
Anyone interested in this – from both Ireland and beyond – can visit the official MindRising website for more information.