Insider Beauty Tuesday: Get the look - Behind the scenes at London Fashion Week
How to create the 'Tough Romance' look as seen at the Antonio Berardi S/S ’15 show
Japanese inspired kimono style florals with military sharpness dominated the runway at the Antonio Berardi Spring Summer '15 show. "I wanted to interpret these qualities via the hair", says Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Wella Professionals.
"So I created a sleek, graphic panel through the top of the head which was completely flat and shiny, then blended this with a loose, looped ponytail at the back of the head”.
Here at INSIDER, we think this is the perfect answer for days when you don't have much time and just want to look the right amount of sleek versus casual. Like you haven't tried too hard, but still appear pulled together and groomed.
Follow the steps to recreate the look at home:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner, €16.65/13.50
2. Rough dry the hair by blasting with a blow dryer, then spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz (€10.50) on the roots and blast again to get a textured lift
3. Next, run straightening irons through the hair, this will give a sharper, graphic quality to the hair as well as the heat drawing out any remaining moisture
4. Section out the top middle panel of hair, then starting from the back of the crown, spray Wella Professionals Super Set Finishing Spray (€14.40) close to the roots, then pull back with a fine tooth comb, making sure you keep the tension in place
5. Once the entire panel has been sprayed and is pulled back, dry the hair with a diffuser to create a perfectly flat finish. Clip in place
6. Brush the remaining hair with a soft bristle brush to create lightness, then gather the hair back in to a loose, low pony tail. Tie with elastic, then loop the pony tail over itself and tie again
7. Next, secure the top loop to the head, which will create a soft, rolled finish to the side sections
8. Finish by teasing out small pieces of hair for a soft, flyaway effect.