Wednesday 13 December 2017

Fire brigade called after 'Roomba' sucks up sleeping owner's hair

Clare Cullen

Clare Cullen

The fire department was called in to aid a 52-year-old South Korean woman after her 'Roomba' hoover sucked up her hair while she slept.

The woman was sleeping on the floor while the Roomba was operating, understands, and the device rolled over her hair, sucking it up.

The woman called the emergency services to come and help her extract her hair from the mouth of the mini-hoover.

A representative for the company behind the Roomba, 'iRobot', said that the vacuum cleaner that got tangled in the woman's hair was "not an iRobot product".

"The safety of our customers is paramount for iRobot, and all of the company’s products undergo strict development processes and testing before going to market".

They added that this problem should never happen with a genuine iRobot Roomba. "(We include) safety mechanisms in Roomba that deactivate its cleaning system when it is not placed on the ground".

Online Editors

Promoted Links

Entertainment Newsletter

Going out? Staying in? From great gigs to film reviews and listings, entertainment has you covered.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment