| 16.7°C Dublin

Choose your drink wisely! It might be more harmful than you think!

We've all been told not to walk away from an unsupervised drink in a pub.

But this spooky occurrence may not be on the list of things you were told could potentially go wrong.

When this bemused patron turned his back on his pint in Drogheda's Barney Mac's, his pint of Smithwick's decided it had had enough.

To the surprise of its owner and a group of onlookers, the glass of ale appeared to spontaneously explode.

The attached CCTV backs up the somewhat unbelievable incident - blamed on former patron Joe Murphy who preferred to stick to the Beamish himself.

Close

Online Editors