The most watched shows on Irish TV this Christmas revealed
Brendan O’Carroll’s Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Special was the most watched show on Irish TV on Christmas Day.
The seemingly unstoppable comedy held on to the top spot for the fourth year in a row pulling in 703,100 viewers.
The second most watched show on Irish television on Xmas Day was Coronation Street on TV3 with a peak of 432,000 viewers.
The highest rating movie on Christmas Day was Argo with 336,000 viewers on RTÉ One.
In a double hit Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie was ranked as the number one film in Ireland this year.
The big screen version of the television series made famous by its creator Brendan O'Carroll grossed more than €3.8m at Irish cinemas this year - but was a hit elsewhere too, raking in €18.3m overall.
The top twenty most watch programmes on Irish TV were:
1. Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas Special: Mammy’s Tickle, RTE One
2. Coronation Street, TV3
3. Eastenders, RTE One
4. Fair City, RTE One
5. Argo, RTE One
6. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, RTE One
7. RTE News: Nine O’Clock, RTE One
8. Emmerdale 2014, TV3
9. Puss In Boots, RTE One
10. Zoo Christmas Special, RTE One
11. Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, RTE Two
12. When Ryan Met Niall, RTE One
13. Despicable Me, RTE One
14. Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, RTE Two
15. Only Fools And Horses Christmas Special, RTE One
16. Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgandy, RTE Two
17. Forrest Gump, TV3
18. The Simpons, RTE Two
19. Una’s Dream Ticket, RTE Two
20. It’s A Wonderful Life, RTE Two