Tuesday 17 September 2019

Trump's former press secretary Sean Spicer signs up for Dancing with the Stars US

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer in Dublin yesterday. Photo: Caroline Quinn
Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer in Dublin yesterday. Photo: Caroline Quinn
Aoife Kelly

Aoife Kelly

Sean Spicer is among the high profile names announced for the new season of Dancing with the Stars US.

Trump's former press secretary will join a line-up boasting supermodel Christie Brinkley (65), Dawson's Creek star James Can Der Beek (42), two-time NBA champ Lamar Odom (39) and Mary Wilson (75), a founding member of The Supremes.

The other celebrities taking part are The Office star Kate Flannery (55), Kel Miotchell (40), Fifth Harmony singer Ally Booke (26), Bachelorette star Hannah Brown (24).  Country artist Lauren Alaina, pro football Hall of Fame star Ray Lewis (44), and Queer Eye's Karamo Brown (38) round out the starry line-up.

Spicer (47) previously turned down an offer to appear on Dancing with the Stars in 2017 after he left the White House.

Taking to Twitter, he shared the line-up reveal on Good Morning America with the caption. "It's time to have some fun.  Excited to join a great cast and show @DancingABC"

Spicer said he's not much of a dancer, comparing his moves to a "steam roller" and he said his strategy is to "work really, really, really hard."

The show has been off the air for a year following declining ratings and returns to great fanfare in the US.

Asked if Spicer's addition to the show would cause controversy, executive producer Andrew Llinaires told USA today that he is a "talked-about name".

The pro dancer pairings will be announced at a later date.

Online Editors

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment

Back to top