Steven Avery's lawyer outlines new evidence that did not feature in Making a Murderer Part 2
Kathleen Zellner claims the evidence proves his innocence of the murder of Teresa Halbach
Steven Avery's has taken to social media to share new evidence in the case of Teresa Halbach's murder, which she says proves his innocence.
Avery's trial and ultimate conviction - along with his nephew Brendan Dassey - for the murder of photographer Teresa featured in Netflix's true crime series, Making a Murderer, which became a global hit in 2015.
Lawyer Kathleen Zellner's work on attempting to prove Avery's innocence is charted in Part 2, which landed on the streaming service last month. Chicago-based Zellner specialises in wrongful convictions and took on Avery's case shortly after Part One aired, vowing to prove his innocence.
Now she has taken to Twitter to outline the evidence which was not featured in the series and which she says proves Avery's innocence of the crime.
Introducing the thread, she wrote, "Making a Murderer watchers, listen up. I'm going to walk you through what I've learned through my investigation that you didn't see in the show."
Here is what she says:
"1 . On 10/31/05, Scott Tadych visited Bobby at the Avery salvage yard (ASY) around noon.
2. After Teresa (TH) called the Dassey landline for directions, our suspect contacted her back with the Dassey address.
3. Teresa arrived at the ASY around 2:30–2:31 p.m. on 10/31/05. Only Bobby and Steven saw her. After completing her photo assignment, she left & turned West on Hwy 147 around 2:38 p.m. Our suspect followed her. Steven was in his trailer.
4. Our suspect gets TH to pull over. She opened her car's rear cargo door to retrieve her camera, was knocked to the ground and struck with an object.
5. TH was put in the rear cargo area of the RAV4 and driven back to ASY.
6. TH's RAV4 was spotted leaving the ASY with an unknown driver at 3:45 p.m.
7. RAV4 was left by the old dam West of Mishicot on 10/31/05.
8. 3 witnesses saw RAV4 up to 11/4/05, then it was gone.
9. Recent investigation shows the RAV4 battery died, so it was replaced in order to move the RAV4 to the ASY.
10. TH's body was burned in a burn barrel. Dassey burn barrel had human bones.
11. 60% of bones and 31 teeth missing
12. A witness smelled horrible odor of something burning in Manitowoc County gravel pit the evening of 10/31/05.
13. The Dassey garage was never luminoled or DNA tested. Bobby hung a deer in the Dassey garage on 11/4/05.
14. Sikikey note—Body burned at smelter 11/4/05, 3 a.m. Tadych worked the night shift at a smelter facility. His nickname: Skinny.
15. TH's electronics were not burned in Steven's burn barrel; they were burned in Dassey burn barrel.
16. Suspect knew Steven's finger re-bled on 11/3/05 because he observed it.
17. Suspect had access to Steven's trailer to remove blood from the sink.
18. Only our suspect knew the blood in the sink was Steven's and not TH's (this rules out the police).
19. Suspect planted blood in RAV4, bones in Steven's burn pit, and TH's electronics in Steven's burn barrel.
In conclusion, the killer is the person who had the access and opportunity to plant Steven Avery's fresh blood in Teresa Halbach's car. Use #AskZellner for questions"
People have been tweeting questions regarding specific details and evidence mentioned in her thread with the #AskZellner hashtag.