Stars of Masterchef won't be waltzing on to RTE's Dancing With The Stars
It seems RTE bosses will have their work cut out in finding the celebrities to take part in Dancing With The Stars as TV3's Celebrity Masterchef contestants are not allowed to appear.
The finer details of the Irish version of Strictly Come Dancing are still being kept under lock and key for the time being, but the contestants taking part in Masterchef have been known for several weeks.
Both shows are being produced by Shinawil's Larry Bass and he'll have to walk a tightrope to ensure both channels acquire star names.
"No one from Masterchef will be appearing on Dancing With The Stars," a TV insider told the Herald. "Masterchef might have already started filming, but it won't be on the air until January. If someone was on both shows at the same time, it would be too much of a good thing. You don't want viewers to get sick of you," they added.
Bass has previously been involved in a number of award-winning series, including The Apprentice, Dragons' Den and The Voice of Ireland.
Contestants taking part on Masterchef include athlete Sonia O'Sullivan, TV3's Simon Delaney, model Nadia Forde, singers Niamh Kavanagh and Samantha Mumba, musician Mundy and Herald columnist Holly Carpenter. Dancing With The Stars is set to air on RTE's primetime slot on Sunday nights to replace The Voice of Ireland.
TV3 has insisted Masterchef does not have an air date yet but it is thought to begin airing around mid-January.
Several celebrities have been rumoured to be taking part in the dance show, including singer Nathan Carter and Olympians the O'Donovan brothers.
Former RTE broadcaster Anne Doyle is also rumoured to be taking part in the show.
Meanwhile, Amanda Byram is said to have landed the hosting gig, with Angela Scanlon up for the second role.