The 21-year-old pop star was the subject of mirth by top comedians during the Comedy Central roast.
Justin Bieber tried to prove that laughter is the best remedy at a recording of Comedy Central's roast of the 21-year-old pop star.
An audience of celebrities and fans watched on as comedians and pundits including host Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy and Dave Chapelle made a series of zingers at the expense of the singer.
Here's some of the best lines:
1. "Justin has fans in middle school or staying 500 feet away from one." (Kevin Hart)
2. "I'm proud of you. You have it all. You literally are a guy who has it all — except for respect, love, friends, good parents, and a Grammy." (Chris D’Elia)
3. "Justin Bieber wants to be black so bad, he’s actually seen Kevin Hart’s movies in theaters" (Ludacris)
4. "The Brazilian prostitute that claimed she was with Justin told the news that he was well-endowed. And that prostitute would know because so was he." (Ludacris)
5. "Justin’s fans are called Beliebers because it’s politically incorrect to use the word retards." (Natasha Legerro)
6. "This kid has spunk, moxie, and probably a few other STDs." (Ron Burgundy)
7. "People refer to Mr Bieber as a kid or a boy. Well here's a newsflash, gang: He's a man. A full-grown man, who works and loves and makes things with his hands. A man who sings songs for nine-year-olds and cuts his hair like a gay figure skater." (Ron Burgundy)
8. "Last year you were ranked the fifth most hated person of all time. Kim Jong-un didn't even score that low, and he uses your music to torture people." (Shaquille O’Neal)
9. "When you get to the county jail, hear me, you're gonna be the first dude who ever had a girlfriend and a boyfriend named Gomez." (Snoop Dogg)
10. "You bought a monkey! I mean, that monkey was more embarrassed than the one that started the Aids epidemic." (Snoop Dogg)
11. "Justin you have no idea what you're in for. I'm sure it's great to have 60 million followers on Twitter, but the only place people will be following you in jail is into the shower." (Martha Stewart)
12. "You are the King Joffrey of pop". (Jeff Ross)
13. "Selena Gomez wanted to be here, but she’s dating men now. Is it true you dumped her because she grew a mustache before you?" (Jeff Ross)
14. "Lately a lot of people have been pointing their fingers at you — and those are just lesbians showing the barber how they want their hair cut." (Jeff Ross)
15. "They say that you roast the ones you love, but I don’t like you at all, man. I’m just here because it’s a real good opportunity for me." (Hannibal Buress)
On Tuesday it was revealed that some of the jokes have been cut from the recording because of their references to late Fast and Furious star Paul Walker.