First Dates Ireland's Daphney claims 'many, many men' are chasing her, despite Dylan McGrath harassment charges
First Dates Ireland contestant Daphney Sanasie, who is barred indefinitely from contacting celebrity chef Dylan McGrath, said she's been inundated with requests for dates.
The South African model (26), who featured on the RTE One dating show last year, appeared in court earlier this year with harassment charges against McGrath. She pleaded guilty, was spared a criminal record and was ordered not to contact the chef again.
But the secretary, who lives in Dublin 8, said her high profile court case led to a barrage of romantic proposals - claiming that even some other high profile men contacted her for a date.
"I was not prepared at all for the many, many men who would chase and seek me out afterwards," she told the Sunday World.
"I'm thinking that men would want to avoid me after i was charged with harassment. It made them want me even more. They even said so!"
"I have had the opportunity to meet dozens and dozens of men, single and in a relationship. Some of the men admitted they were married or in a relationship. Others just lied, but I would find out."
"What was interesting was that men who were well known pursued me. Even though I had been charged and was in the news - it didn't scare them off."
Sanasie first hit headlines after her episode on First Dates aired and producers pulled her follow-up episode after the harassment charges came to light.