'Bachelor In Paradise' will air scenes featuring Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson despite controversy
Last month production on ABC show Bachelor In Paradise was shut down after allegations of misconduct between two participants on the show.
The misconduct reportedly regarded an alleged sexual encounter between Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson but an investigation found no misconduct and production resumed.
Olympios and Jackson did not return. However, the show will air scenes featuring them in the run up to the incident.
‘You’re going to see more than enough to show you what was happening that led up to the shutdown,’ executive producer Chris Harrison told EW.
He said that the incident will be dealt with "the moment we come on the air" in an effort to avoid it becoming the "elephant in the room" and tainting the entire season.
The actual moment which caused the controversy will not be shown, but the show had shot three days of footage (almost a week's worth of show) prior to that point and that footage will include Olympios and Jackson.
“We thought you needed to see that," said Harrison. "So you’re going to see a lot of it, including Corinne and DeMario on the show. When we restart, it will be me back in Mexico walking you through what happened and then we’re going to watch what happened. And then we’ll cut back to me and I’ll kind of shed some more light on things and then we’re going to go back and you’re going to see more of what happened, [and] not just the controversial. You’re going to see a lot of things, people falling in love, a lot of dates happening.”
What exactly will be shown will be bound by what is suitable to show on network TV.
The show premieres in the US on Monday August 14th.Why I'm switching off sexist Love Island and creepy, weird shows like it 'This is my worst nightmare' - Reality show contestants involved in alleged sexual misconduct on camera issue statements