Strictly’s Anton says week eight exit is ‘most difficult so far’
The pro dancer said he rarely gets emotional over eliminations.
Strictly Come Dancing veteran Anton Du Beke has described being booted off this year’s series as the “most difficult” to date.
The dance pro said he felt unusually emotional after being eliminated from this weekend’s leg of the BBC One contest, as it would mean spending less time with his celebrity partner, Ruth Langsford.
The pair were given their marching orders on Sunday night’s results show after facing the dreaded dance off against Paralympian Jonnie Peacock and Oti Mabuse.
Their week eight exit comes just days before the show moves to the glittering Tower Ballroom in Blackpool next weekend.
As the judges made their unanimous decision, Du Beke said: “It’s a funny old thing this, getting voted off Strictly Come Dancing, it never gets any easier and this is, by far the most difficult.
“I feel a bit emotional and I don’t know why.”
He told Langsford: “I don’t really get emotional about this kind of thing because it’s part of the fun of the show, the thing that upsets me the most is not being able to spend all the time that we do together, you are beyond the most joyous person I’ve ever met, I’ve enjoyed every second of it.
“The time we spent in the studio together rehearsing and laughing. The moment you jumped on me and wrapped your legs around my hips to the moment where we basically laid on the floor. You are amazing and I love you.”
Meanwhile, Langsford said she felt “disappointed” that she had been able to get “fabulous” Du Beke through to Blackpool week.
Langsford and Du Beke have warmed viewers’ hearts with their relationship and comedy moments on the dancefloor, even though they have failed to score top marks for technical skill.
They were saved from the boot last weekend, even after finishing their paso doble with a hilarious tumble. Du Beke brought the pair to the floor as he lost his balance and Langsford climbed on top of him.