Ruth Langsford: Anton should dance with Eamonn next
Ruth Langsford said she was ‘thrilled’ to have got so far in the competition.
Ruth Langsford said she would like to see her husband Eamonn Holmes take a twirl around the dancefloor with her Strictly pro Anton Du Beke if he appears on the show.
TV presenter Langsford and her professional partner Du Beke were booted off the BBC One show on Sunday night, after finding themselves in the dance-off against Paralympian Jonnie Peacock and Oti Mabuse.
When Langsford appeared on spin-off series It takes Two, host Zoe Ball said she would like to see Holmes among the contestants next year.
Laughing and pointing at Du Beke – who she became good friends with – Langsford said: “I think you and Eamonn should be partners!”
After Langsford received her marching orders at the weekend, Holmes thanked Du Beke and said he “couldn’t have wished her (his wife) in better hands”.
But he admitted on Twitter that he was “looking forward to having my Wife & our Life back”.
Well it's #Strictly over and my darling @RuthieeL has no complaints. Thanks to the support of you amazing folk she had an amazing run with an amazing partner. I am feeling a lot of Love 💕for her out there but I am also looking forward to having my Wife & our Life back. 👍 pic.twitter.com/CGYs8d3ouQ— Eamonn Holmes (@EamonnHolmes) November 12, 2017
Langsford praised her husband for supporting her during her stint on the programme and said he and her son Jack, 15, were looking forward to some decent dinners after “living on microwave meals”.
Discussing the couple’s elimination, Langsford said the judges had said she was out of time during part of her final routine.
Strictly veteran Du Beke joked: “Well they don’t know what they are talking about, bless them.
“They can barely see, most of them.”
It wasn’t to be this time! Thanks so much for the love and continued support. @RuthieeL I'm so proud of you and all you achieved! Good luck to everyone going to Blackpool next week, I'm glad you've learnt our signature dance move. Pile on! #SCD #Strictly https://t.co/hhUMTtdbn7— Anton Du Beke (@TheAntonDuBeke) November 12, 2017
The couple’s week eight exit came just days before the show moves to the glittering Tower Ballroom in Blackpool next weekend.
Langsford said she was “very, very disappointed” not to have made it to the Blackpool stage, but was pleased to have done so well as she had thought she would be eliminated in week two or three.
“I’m so thrilled to have got this far,” she said.