'We love bananas' - Body and Soul festival brings out all sorts of emotions in people
For its seventh consecutive year, droves of people flocked to the grounds of Ballinlough Castle, Co. Westmeath for Body & Soul festival.
The three-day event took place over the Summer Solstice weekend, with some setting up camp and others staying for just one day.
From yoga sessions to throwback hits sing-alongs to performances from aerial dancers, the festival was jam-packed with different things to see and do from start to finish.
We got chatting to festival-goers to see what they were looking forward to most, what had been good so far, as well as anything else that came to mind!
1. “This is our third time at Body & Soul. Why do we keep coming back? Because it’s Body & Soul!”
- Shona Levins and Orla Dolan, Dublin
2. “I came here to watch the match. Do you know the score?”
- George Keogh and Joey Messayeh , Dublin, Robbie Bacon, Athlone
3. “Santigold is my queen. BadBadNotGood last night were amazing.”
- Aoife Fogarty and Laura Blaise McDool, Dublin and Eva Cooney, Athlone
4. “We love bananas!”
- Jack Charlesworth, Cork, Ben Rooney, Newry and Laura Tobin, Kilkenny
5. “We’ve come here to do an environmental assessment… It’s going pretty well!”
- Jen Witts and Chris Kerrison, London
6. “This is our third time here. It just gets better each year. We haven’t even left the campsite yet!”
- Bebhinn McDonnell, Maynooth and Tony Reilly, Meath
7. “What are we looking forward to most tonight? Nothing! I haven’t a clue what’s going on."
- Laura McInerney, Dublin, Ciaran Hennessey, Ashtown and Jack Keogh, Swords