Nick Cave has been offered driver training as an alternative to prosecution after crashing into a seafront speed camera, sources said.
The 53-year-old musician was behind the wheel of a Jaguar saloon when it collided with the speed camera and a roadside barrier on December 7 last year.
The crash happened at 7pm on the eastbound carriageway at Kingsway in Hove, East Sussex, close to where Australian-born Cave lives.
No other vehicles were involved and Cave was not arrested. The singer and his twin 10-year-old sons, who were also in the car, walked away unharmed from the crash.
Sources said that Cave - frontman of Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - has now been offered a place on a driver training improvement scheme.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: "The driver was voluntarily interviewed by police and a decision was made to offer him a place on a driver improvement scheme as an alternative to prosecution."
Photographer Darren Cool, 26, who witnessed the aftermath of the crash, said he instantly recognised the driver as Cave.
He said: "When I first saw the speed camera, I thought it would make a decent weather picture because the conditions were icy at the time.
"Then I saw Nick Cave stumbling around in and out of the car and started taking some pictures.
"He looked pretty shaken up by the whole thing."