The organisers of the summertime Marlay Park concerts have stepped up security by 50pc ahead of next week's Avicii gig.
Last year, 32 people were arrested during the concert season which ran ahead of the Longitude festival.
A total of 78 drug seizures took place during the eight concert days.
Over the past six months, organisers Festival Republic have worked in conjunction with several local residents' associations to ensure sufficient security is in place this summer.
"Residents were definitely concerned," Therese Langan, executive officer at Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, said.
"But Festival Republic have worked closely with the community and listened to them to make sure they feel safe and secure."
Extra barriers and fencing will be erected in estates to prevent fans from taking short cuts through residential areas.
External security and stewarding has increased by 50pc for the five upcoming concerts.
Swedish DJ Avicii will perform at Marlay Park on July 3.
The Avicii concert is a strictly over 18s gig and Festival Republic is offering refunds to any underage ticket holders.
Ticket holders will be eligible to apply for a refund before June 29 at 5pm.
"No one under the age of 18 will get in - regardless if they are attending the concert with their guardians or parents," said Melvin Benn, head of Festival Republic.
Deckchairs, selfie sticks and megaphones are all banned from the concert.
Scottish singer Paolo Nutini will take to the stage on July 4 and the three-day festival Longitude will run from July 17-19.
Promoters MCD and Festival Republic are encouraging concertgoers to avail of public transport and shuttle bus services. "You don't want to be sitting in a traffic jam," Mr Benn said.
#SummerFest is the Independent.ie series on Ireland's summer festivals 2015
Submit your festival photos to be featured in our gallery using #SummerFest