| 12.8°C Dublin

Four time X Factor entrant Melanie McCabe eyes up US move as she releases single

Close

Melanie McCabe gave it her all at the judges' house but it wasn't enough for Nicole Scherzinger, who sent her packing

Melanie McCabe gave it her all at the judges' house but it wasn't enough for Nicole Scherzinger, who sent her packing

PA

Melanie McCabe, the Irish ex-'X Factor' hopeful

Melanie McCabe, the Irish ex-'X Factor' hopeful

Former X Factor contestant, Melanie McCabe performs for children at the Celebrity Ward Walk at Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin. Picture Colin Keegan, Collins.

Former X Factor contestant, Melanie McCabe performs for children at the Celebrity Ward Walk at Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin. Picture Colin Keegan, Collins.

Colin Keegan, Collins Dublin

Ireland’s Melanie McCabe breaks down onstage in the X Factor bootcamp.

Ireland’s Melanie McCabe breaks down onstage in the X Factor bootcamp.

/

Melanie McCabe gave it her all at the judges' house but it wasn't enough for Nicole Scherzinger, who sent her packing

You can't keep a good woman down - just ask Melanie McCabe.

The four-time X Factor entrant is making another foray into the world of music after lending her vocals to a track called Day by Day, the Herald Diary reveals.

Lillies Bordello resident DJ Tommy Stewart has devised the new single, which will feature Melanie's inimitable vocals as well as fellow crooner Donna Bissett.

Melanie will be turning on the glam this Friday for the invite-only launch of the release, which is naturally taking place in the celebrity haunt.

The talented 21-year-old recently revealed how she hopes to move to America for a fresh start as she puts her X Factor past firmly behind her.

She said that she's sick of only being known as "the girl off X Factor" after being gutted not to finally make it through to the live shows last year.

"If I had got to the live shows, it might have been different. It's the fact that I didn't, on so many occasions, I feel there's that negativity attached to me in some way," she said.

Melanie first appeared on the talent show when she was just 14-years-old before being told to come back when she was older.

Despite appearing on the programme for three consecutive years from 2010 - and Louis Walsh singing her praises - she failed to get past judges homes after Nicole Scherzinger sent her back to Dublin from Antigua.

Although the new show has seen lots of familiar faces returning for another stab at fame, Melanie definitely wasn't among them.

She vowed last year never to go on it again but said that she would have loved to have sung for Simon Cowell.

"That was always the big thing to me and I was hoping last year when I entered that he was going to be judging it, but he didn't," she said.

"It was hard letting go of that whole part of my life because I was involved in the X Factor since I was 14… but it's definitely the right decision for me because I had to let go."

Herald


Related Content