Apple Music vs Spotify: the key differences
What is Apple's new 'Music' streaming service and how does it compare with main rival Spotify?
- Music and Spotify both cost €10 per month.
- Spotify has a free version, Music does not.
- Music gives access to 35 million songs, Spotify has 30 million songs.
- Music is available from June 30, Spotify is available now. Both are available on iPhones and Android phones.
- Music has a family version, letting six devices use the service for €15 per month; Spotify lets you use three devices for €10 per month and another three devices for a further €5 per month.
- Music has a live radio station with celebrity DJs.
- Music has Beatles and Taylor Swift, Spotify does not.
- Music will be automatically installed on iPhones updating to the next iOS software upgrade.
- Spotify has 60 million users and 15 million paying subscribers; Apple is aiming for 100 million paying subscribers.