Entertainment Music

Thursday 23 November 2017

Martin: No music break for Coldplay

Chris Martin said Coldplay aren't taking a three year break
Chris Martin said Coldplay aren't taking a three year break

Chris Martin has brushed off rumours that Coldplay are taking a break.

The band's frontman was said to have suggested that the group might take a three-year hiatus at an Australian gig last week, but he has now confirmed that they have started working on the follow-up to last year's Mylo Xyloto.

"I've been writing songs and I'm so fired up about the band's future. I'm fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop," he told the Daily Star.

"This three-year break only came about because I said at a gig in Australia that we might not be back there for three years. That's probably true, but that's just how a world tour works. No chance are we taking a three-year break."

Chris - who is married to Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow - added to The Sun: "It happens to us every album. I say on stage, 'I'll see you in a bit', then we always bring out another album and look silly because everyone's like, 'I thought you retired?'"

He joked: "The album is definitely coming, unless the rest of the band decide to pursue their modelling careers of course - goodness knows mine is over."

Press Association

Promoted Links

Entertainment Newsletter

Going out? Staying in? From great gigs to film reviews and listings, entertainment has you covered.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment