Bruce makes Royal Albert Hall date
Strictly Come Dancing host Sir Bruce Forsyth is to host his own headline show at the Royal Albert Hall next year.
The veteran showman - who was on Saturday night performing at Wembley Arena as he hosted a special edition of the BBC1 contest - will perform at the prestigious venue with a full band to perform a selection of swing tunes.
Sir Bruce recently made his musical comeback by releasing an album of standards after signing a deal with EMI, including a duet with his granddaughter Sophie Purdie.
He revealed he has made his latest show booking during an interview with presenter Mark Goodier to be broadcast on his Smooth Radio show on Thursday.
The 83-year-old entertainer said: "I only finalised it last week but I'm doing the Albert Hall, May 3rd next year with a big orchestra, going to have lots of fun, it will be a lot of music as I love my music".
He said he had been planning a tour with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra prior to signing up for his Saturday night hit show, but abandoned the plan because of the added commitment. "They play the music that I grew up with and love, then Strictly came along," he added.
Sir Bruce told Goodier that he would prefer to see an increase in the number of all-round performers on TV.
"I wish there were more people that are entertainers and can sing and dance," he said. But he added: "I love Harry Hill, adore Harry!"