Boyzone continue tour ‘one man down’ as Keith Duffy stays in Thai hospital
The group will carry on with their shows in Australia without their bandmate.
Boyzone have announced they are continuing the Australian leg of their farewell tour without Keith Duffy while the singer is in hospital in Thailand.
Duffy was unable to perform at a show in Bangkok on Thursday night and the group have now confirmed he has not travelled with them for the next stage of the tour.
In a video filmed ahead of a show in Perth, Shane Lynch says: “Unfortunately as you can see we are only three, our Keith Duffy is lost in Thailand.
“Just like the good film says, Thailand has got him now.
“He’s not well and we don’t know exactly what is happening with him at the moment, there are a lot of blood tests and one test and the other tests and he’s in the hospital right now, hopefully recovering, fingers crossed.
“So just letting you know we are one man down.”
Mikey Graham added: “One man down but we are soldiering on, looking forward to putting on a good show tonight here in Perth and looking forward to the rest of the Australia tour and hopefully sooner rather than later Keith will be back with us.”
The group concluded by sending Duffy get well soon messages.
Ronan Keating shared the video on his Instagram page and wrote: “Perth we are ready for ya. Sadly Duster is not with us tonight but we are praying for his speedy recovery and he will be back with us soon.”
Kieth @officialkeith was taken ill before the gig here in Bangkok this evening and has been admitted to hospital on the advice of the local medical team. Our brother will be back on his feet as soon as possible and we thank you for all your wonderful support in the meantime. pic.twitter.com/g7STWe1OB7— Boyzone (@theREALboyzone) March 28, 2019
He previously said his bandmate went on a “downward spiral” before being hospitalised and speculated that it could have been down to food poisoning.