The Shining voted best door scene
A scene featuring axe-wielding maniac Jack Nicholson in The Shining has been voted the greatest ever movie entrance by unhinged fans - who reckon it contains the best scene featuring a door.
They compiled a list of key moments featuring doors, but nothing could knock the chilling image from Stanley Kubrick's movie from the top.
At number two in the list of greatest entries - compiled by security door firm Yale Doors - was the blue door from blockbuster film Notting Hill.
Nearly 1,300 people took part in the poll which also identified scenes from movies such as Home Alone and The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe.
Julie Hartley, general manager at Yale Door, said: "There are certain doors that stick out in people's minds, whether it's Monica's purple apartment door in Friends or doors that they drive past every day on their way to work. It's no surprise to see the door scene from The Shining taking the top spot."
The top ten of movie doors was as follows:
1. The Shining - the "here's Johnny" door
2. Notting Hill - William Thacker's blue door
3. Home Alone - pizza delivery door scene,
4. Love Actually - Mark declares his love for Juliette with signs at the door
5. Wizard Of Oz - where Dorothy enters the land of Oz
6. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Bag End's green front door,
7. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - the door of the wardrobe,
8. Matilda - being put into chokey
9. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - the s nake door,
10. Gladiator - Maximus opening the door to Elysium